AFAF SULAIMAN EBRAHIM MOHAMMED ALBLOOSHI
Mobile: + 971504161116
Office: +9713 7137 433
Family Name (Surname): ALBLOOSHI
Given Names: AFAF SULAIMAN EBRAHIM MOHAMMED
Date of Birth: 24 of March 1982
Nationality: United Arab Emirates
Languages: 1) Arabic 2) English (IELTS 7)
Medical research Specialist 1 at UAE University since April 2015
The University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
Graduate Certificate in Paediatric Respiratory Science 2010
University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
MBBCH Degree 2006
Dubai Medical College, Dubai, UAE
CURRENT & ALL PREVIOUS MEDICAL LICENSING AUTHORITIES:
|Intern house officer||2005-2006||Department of health and medical services, Dubai UAE
|Pediatrics Resident||2006-2008||under the Faculty of Medicine and Health Science, Pediatrics Department
|Clinical Research fellow and PhD student||2008-2013||Department of Respiratory Medicine,
Princess Margaret Hospital for children and University of Western Australia.
|Physician||2013-2015||School health clinic, Ministry of Health RAK
|Medical research Specialist 1||2015-now||UAE University, College of Medicine and health science, Department of Pediatrics
1. AlBlooshi, A., Shaban, S., AlTunaiji, M., Fares, N., AlShehhi, L., AlShehhi, H., Souid, A. K. Increasing obesity rates in school children in United Arab Emirates. (2016). Obesity Science & Practice.
2. Afaf S. Alblooshi, Shannon J. Simpson, Stephen M. Stick, Graham L. Hall The safety and feasibility of the inhaled mannitol challenge test in young children. European Respiratory Journal, 2013. 42(5): p. 1420-1423.
|In progress||1. Forced Oscillation Measurements for the Assessment of Respiratory Function in Emirati Children
2. Prevalence of Thinness and its Impact on Height Velocity in Schoolchildren in the United Arab Emirates
3. The use of Forced oscillation technique in the assessment of Bronchodilator response in young children with recurrent wheeze
4. Agreement between Mannitol and Free Running Exercise challenge in young children with exercise induced Asthma.
EXPERIENCE IN TEACHING, RESEARCH and PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES:
|2006-2008||United Arab Emirates University School, Faculty of Medicine and Health Science, Pediatrics Department|
|2008-2013||University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia|
|2014-current||Under-gradate (medical student) teaching|
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES:
· Presented in European respiratory congress in Barcelona, Sep 2013 an oral presentation with the title of (The agreement between mannitol and exercise challenge in young children with asthma).
· Presented in Thoracic Society of Australia and New Zealand (TSANZ) Congress in Canberra, Australia in April 2012 a presentation with title of (Relationship between lung function using forced oscillations with recent symptoms in young children with asthma).
· Presented in Australian & New Zealand Society of Respiratory Science ANZSRS meeting Canberra April 2012 (Safety and feasibility of inhaled mannitol airway challenge to diagnose exercise induced asthma in young children).
· My work on (Feasibility and safety of mannitol challenge in pre-school children using forced oscillations) presented in European Respiratory Society (ERS) congress in September 2012 in Vienna.
· Presented in European respiratory congress in Amsterdam, Sep 2011 a poster with the title of (Relationship between lung function using forced oscillations with recent symptoms in young children with asthma).
· Oral presentation in The Australian Society for Medical Research meeting, Perth 2011 on the Relationship between lung function using (FOT) with recent symptoms in young children with asthma.